Skip to main content

Knowing me, knowing you

Figure 1

   Figure 2

Figure 3

Figure 4

Figure 5

Figure 6

 

While this task was initially a struggle for myself with the very quick observational drawings, I did end up enjoying the task overall. I am not overly happy with my results as during the task I struggled mentally with the very fast pace that we began with; I was simply not used to it and have always struggled with this challenge. I am hoping to get better with the quick pace and produce some work that I actually like. Figure 1 and Figure 3 are the two pages that I dislike the most, the entire composition and style does not feel like my own and I am not proud to call it mine. Moving on to figure 6, this was our last piece of the day and I quite enjoyed it, I chose charcoal so I could be a little more experimental and it helped me alot. I had alot of fun making that piece and believe it is the strongest of them all. If I were to do things differently I would choose different mediums such as a stronger ink or thicker pens to give myself a wider variety to experiment quick markmaking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drypoint

Figure 1 Figure 2 Figure 3   The drypoint session was one of my favourite workshops which we have done this semester, I adore how the final prints turned out. The process was fairly simple which I did not expect at first, it was quite easy to etch into the acrylic plates. I loved the fact that no matter how lightly you may have scratched the surface that mark is still going to show up. I drew my design in fineliner before tracing it over the acrylic. The etching process felt very similar to using a fineliner or biro therefore I was comfortable drawing in this process. During the printing process we had the option to leave ink on the plate or to wipe it off, in the figures you can see that i left it on to create various tones of shadow. However, I do wish i did a print where i did wipe the ink off to see clearly all the marks I made. I will definitely consider using this process again in the future. I am really happy with how they all turned out.

Viewpoints

Figure 1 Figure 2 Figure 3 Figure 4 Figure 5 Figure 6 Figure 7 Figure 8 Figure 9   Similar to the very first task for this module, the challenge was too fast for my liking and I ended up with a scruffy unfinished piece, I took the task too literal and drew what was infront of me when i should have thought outside the box and potentially chose an area to study instead of the whole thing. However, we then moved onto figure 2 which allowed us to focus on the viewpoints to help get us out of the habit of drawing all we see. With these, I chose to keep the studies simple due to the time limit and thickness of the pen for such small boxes; because of this I do like the drawings (apart from the left handed one). Figure 3 I drew while we were having a break thanks to the structure snatching my attention, I was drawn to it and felt I had to draw this in some way. I wanted to try and make the creators vision come to life and my intention was to draw it almost as if it were real and not just ...

Life Drawing 2

Figure 1 This first sheet I am not happy with, as there feels to be a lack of experimentation with mark making techniques. Yet overall, I do believe there is nothing significant about these drawings. Figure 2 I believe this sheet to be better than the first as it shows the journey of the model getting up and rising.I also believe it is evident that I have explored some mark making techniques. I am proud of this one also in the way that at a first glace none of the proportions look massively awkward. Figure 3 I really like this piece, not only for the fact it is in ink but I had fun experimenting with the models outline and adding in minor details to the models silhouette. I believe it could be quite successful as a screenprint and would love to experiment with it in the future. Figure 4 This is my favourite out of the three ink drawings and the one I picked to go forward with to screen print. While making this I felt inspired by traditional Japanese mark making techniques and the e...